1. Name your team - no derogatory names, please.
2. Click "My Team" and sign your players.
Tip: Sign all your players for 8 seasons or until they would be 1 season away from being a UFA (age 27).
→ Ex. If a player is 24 and they are signed for 2 seasons, they will still be an RFA when their contract ends.
3. Click "Edit Lineup" and set your lines. Pay attention to player ratings and styles.
Order of styles from most offensive to most defensive:
For Forwards: Sniper → Playmaker → Power Forward → Two-Way Forward → Checker
For Defensemen: Offensive D-Man → Stay-At-Home D-Man
4. Click "Settings" (right navigation) to designate your captains and set the ice-time for each line.
→ Turns = Rounds = Minutes (There are 3 periods in a game and 20 rounds per period).
5. Click "Free Agents" and offer contracts to any players of interest.
Note: 70+ and 80+ skaters are off-limits until you are at least 21 and 30 days old, respectively.
But!!! You can and should sign a good UFA goalie.
6. Click "Shinny" and play aginst a random team to familiarize yourself with gameplay.
7. Click "Leagues" and join or create a league that allows your level (all new teams are level 1).
8. Click "Endorsements" and accept one player endorsement and one team endorsement.
9. Wait for an email saying your league is full.
10. Click "Drills" and drill your players daily to increase their ratings.
Tip: Drills are more effective on lower-rated players.
11. Click "Schedule" and play your home games. Road games will be played by your opponent.
Note: QuickSim automatically simulates games for you within one minute.